GUIDELINES FOR THE CARE OF YOUR PUPPY
Feed your puppy 2 times a day:
* Breakfast & Dinner:
1-2 _ Hand full of dry “Holistic little bites Vets Choice” or “BilJac” or “Eukanuba” small bites for puppies
1-2 _ spoon wet can “Chicken or beef Vets Choice”, “puppy pedigree”, “Caesar Select”, & mix with 1
Spoon of hot water,
Leave a dish with 4 oz of dry “Holistic Vets Choice”, “BilJac” or “Eukanuba” small bites for puppies at all times.
* ALL SMALL TOY AND T-CUP BREEDS SUCH AS YORKIEs, MALTESEs, POMs, POODLEs, CHIHUAHUAs,..... MAY REQUIRE SPECIAL FEEDING FOR THE FIRST 2-4 WEEKS 1/2 HOUR AFTER REGULAR FEEDING. SPECIAL FEEDING IS AS FOLLOWS:
A). Give Caesar Select as 1st choice. You can also give cooked chop meat, boiled chicken, cooked white rice. THEY ARE PUPPIES GENERALLY, DO NOT EAT ENOUGH REGULAR DOG FOOD TO SUSTAIN THEMSELVES!!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!
B) GOATS MILK MIX WITH KARO, then mixed Beef/Chicken Baby food 1st stage and mixed with Caesar Select. Mix together & serve.
C) Put some longevity drops into the food. you can also add them into the water & stir or 1/4 cup baby Pedialyte into the water. Longevity drops Provides supplemental caloric, nutritional intake in puppies. Provides an added source of energy, helps with stress in their new home.
E) Give __ NuVet Plus once a day for the life of the puppy as a vitamin to help the immune system for the puppy & disease prevention & is part of the health guarantee. To order Nuvet Plus call 1800 474-7044 CODE # 01440 go on auto ship save 15% or you can order on-line at Check website to hear testimonies from vets & customers. Also, upper left-hand corner clicks onto the box “PRODUCTS” to save $$$$$ on all pet supplies.......
* Always leave your puppy a heavyweight dish of filled water.
Puppy stays in a confined area when asleep & / or not home. For the development of good behavior do not allow the puppy to run all over the house. It is best to confine the puppy for at least 2 to 4 weeks in a small non-carpet area. The Four Paws Deluxe Metal Crates Training Method works very well, it makes house breaking quicker and easier and is not at all cruel to the puppy. If you do not wish to use the crate, Midwest exercise pens are recommended.
* When you wake up in the morning, let the puppy out of the crate & show the puppy where the newspaper or wee wee pads are. Reward with a treat if they make on the wee wee pads.
* Right before you leave, give a group of toys. You should have 2 groups of 6 to 12 assorted hard rubber toys. Group A & group B. Ex: 2-Kongs, 1 or 2 Nylabones, 1 or 2 Gumabones, 1 or 2 Booda Velvet Bimple Bones, 2 to 4 Plaque Attacker Chew Toys, 2 to 4 Plaque Attacker GREENIES, helps clean teeth& freshens breath. Some of these toys you can put cheese whiz or peanut butter on them & put them in a plastic bag & freeze them. They love rope toys. Wet & freeze.
During the day or evening when you are home & want to play with the puppy in the living room or dining room, put the puppies leash & collar on & let the puppy walk around these areas. If you start to see the puppy in a circling motion, quickly walk the puppy back to the confined area where the wee wee pads are. Use simple and single words of command, “YES” and “NO”, “GOOD” and “BAD”. Puppies understand the tone of voice you use, no matter what language you speak.
* At night time when you’re ready to go to bed, place the puppy back into the crate or exercise pen with a bed. If the puppy starts to cry, wear an old T-shirt for a little while and then put it with the puppy, it has your scent on it, or a Tick to clock, or a hot water bottle, or leave the radio on low.....
* Puppies NEED TO SLEEP ABOUT 70% OF THE TIME. Very often in the excitement of having a puppy at home, the puppy gets over stimulated. Educate you children about the needs and habits of the puppy. No high areas, Do not place the puppy on the bed, couch or stairs & leave them unattended. Play with the puppy on the floor & supervise your children with the puppy. It’s like having a human baby!!.
Many puppies experience CARSICKNESS during their car ride home. Let puppy rest & give water. Puppy cannot go outside to the bathroom until they have all the shots. Check with your vet what they need.